Saturday, January 6, 2018

It's been awhile...

Well, it's been a long time...

But, let's talk about Logan Paul. He is a youtuber. He has been getting some backlash lately because he has done something that is completely disgusting in my opinion, and apparently, I am not alone with this opinion.

There is this forest in Japan, called the Aokigahara forest, otherwise known as the 'suicide forest' because of the number of people who have committed suicide in that forest. There have been annual searches for bodies and Japan's officials have put up signs urging people to seek help.

Now, back to Logan Paul. Recently, he visited Japan. He went into this forest and posted a video about his 'adventure' in the forest. I did not get to see the video, I only saw the backlash and 'apology' on social media. Apparently, he found a body of someone who passed away, possibly by suicide, and he started laughing and making jokes.

To me, and many others, it was disgusting. It makes me angry that someone would use a platform like youtube to do something like this. I do not believe his 'apology'.

If you're thinking of suicide, please don't. There's so many people who care about you. Even if you're not sure of it yourself. I care. I may just be a stranger, behind a screen, possibly many, many, miles away, I care.

I have a couple of websites for you to look into if you feel the need to. Unfortunately, I could only find the number for the one for the US, but please, if you're outside the US, get some help, in some way.



Source for the Logan Paul story:

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter, it really was inappropriate and should have never been done. It is absurd that he thought he could be exempt from the rule. I do not feel the least bit sorry for him though.

    ReplyDelete