Monday, January 15, 2018

I never got to say this but...


HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Yeah, Happy New Year! Happy 2018! I know we're already a few weeks in, but there was this big story (well, stories) I had to cover and well... now, we are here. I feel like I have been writing non-stop since January 5th... I know, I've been gone for a long time. I do not know why I stopped writing for so long. I did forget how good it felt to write.

I fell back into a depression during the holidays, probably around Thanksgiving and my birthday, somewhere around there, I think. And I do know why I felt so depressed this holiday season, it's because I'm getting closer to 30 and I haven't done much with my life. I'm 27, by the way. Yeah, you may think “You still got a few years”... well, I've been living in my current location for three years and I haven't done much at all. I wanted to find my purpose. I wanted to feel needed. So, a good friend of mine suggested I try starting up this blog again. So, here I am again.

I don't “make resolutions” ever. I just end up breaking them. Instead, I make goals for myself. My goal for this month was to start my blog up again. I am off to a great start. Now, my goal is to make sure I'm writing for the whole rest of the year. My goal for next month is to start volunteering somewhere. If I get that done this month, then yay! But if I don't get it done next month, then that's okay, I still got the rest of the year.

Also, I want to get closer to God this year. If you didn't know, I am a Christian. I don't pray and read the bible everyday like I should though and I'm working on that.


I am determined to make 2018 my year!

No comments :

Post a Comment