Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How to save a life…


Yeah, this title is a reference to the song, How to save a life by The Fray. Whenever I hear about a suicide, this song comes to mind. I never knew the person, but a friend did. Yesterday, when I came home from the library, I get on my Facebook and find out that someone decided to end their life. It saddens me to hear about those things; because I’m sure they had hopes and dreams. I’m sure they had goals they wanted to reach, but sometimes life gets too overwhelming. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends; I know he’ll be missed.

If you’re thinking about suicide, please don’t do it. There’s so many people that care, even if you don’t see it, there’s more people that care than you would think. Talk to someone you trust. If they’re not available, call a suicide hotline. I’ve included a link that lists some of the hotlines.


If you know anyone that wants to commit suicide, there are ways to help them. I’ve included a link with some tips for helping someone who is suicidal, but the most important thing to know, is to get them some help.



Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. For those of you who are thinking of suicide, know that there are ways to get help, and it’s okay to ask for help. For those who know someone that may be considering suicide, be there for them, get them some help, and you just might save their life.

Until next time, God Bless.
- MissNiChloe

No comments :

Post a Comment