Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Everyday Heroes


When you see or hear the word, heroes, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Superheroes, like Superman or Spiderman or the many other superheroes we look up to? Or do you think of the real heroes, the firefighters, police officers, and the guys in the military who risks their lives every day? What about everyday heroes, people like you and me? I think this is what a friend of mine has been trying to tell me, but I’m only just now getting it. An everyday hero is someone that goes out of their way to help someone out. No, I’m not talking about getting someone coffee or helping someone move in or anything like that, to be honest, I am not sure if that’s part of the meaning of an everyday hero.

In the midst of the tragedy that happened Friday, I found a few articles that talks about a couple of heroes. One was a teen who saved a mother and her two kids, getting shot in the process. One was also a teen who tried to save others. And there was a story about friends or boyfriends who jumped in front of others to save them while they escaped. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the victims and their families and friends.

Being an everyday hero doesn’t always mean risking your life for others… it can mean going above and beyond for complete strangers, as a random act of kindness. One such example is this:


These two men held up a boy who was bound to a wheelchair in a Blake Shelton concert so the boy could see his idol. They held him up for about a half an hour. There are times where I’ve gone above and beyond for others. At my college, I helped someone get around when he was lost. That sentence alone hardly says I’ve done something above and beyond, I’ll admit that, but there’s more to that story, something I’d rather keep to myself, but I’ve done random acts of kindness. I don’t know if it qualifies me as being an everyday hero, but I always try to do the right thing and I hope to inspire others.

Until next time, God Bless.
- MissNiChloe

No comments :

Post a Comment