Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Beautiful Memory


Not too long ago, my friends have helped me re-discover my lost talent of writing. Recently, I was reminded of one memory back in 3rd grade, when I first started writing. Since then, I have written a few things, but never thought I was a writer, but I always knew I was a writer at heart. I still remember that day like it was yesterday, and I cherish the memory everyday now.

I was in third grade... and I did not have my hearing aid yet therefore, I could not hear very much. My third grade teacher took us to the small hiking trail in the back of the school. She wanted us to use our hearing and sense of smell... that was difficult for me... not only could I not hear very well, I cannot smell, at all. So, instead, I tried to listen, but I could not hear much aside from the crunching of the leaves under my feet. Since I could not smell, I just ended up looking around at the trees, oh what a beautiful color they were. It was the middle of autumn and all I could think of was how pretty the leaves were, especially with the sun shining on them... and the warmth of the sun in contrast to the chilly breeze...

We got back to the classroom and I told the teacher I could not smell and I could not hear a thing... she then pointed out that I could hear the leaves crunching under my feet. And she was right, but I was still confused. She told me to at least give that a try... so I did. I went back to my desk, and as I thought back to that hike, the creativity, the words, just flowed right through me and I just started to write. It was... a word picture of sorts. I wrote about the crunch of the leaves, the warmth of the sun in contrast to the chilly breeze, the beautiful colors of the leaves, especially when the sun shined onto them. And what I had written was the best one out of the whole class; it was one of the three papers that was put up for display.

And when I think back to that day, I look at how far I've come, and I remember all the other writings I've ever done, but unfortunately, I have not saved... but I have the memories... it's a wonder how I've never thought I was a writer until now, but subconsciously, I've always said, I was a writer at heart. I think back to that day, and all I can do is smile. Anyone can write, but when you write from the heart, when you can feel the words flowing through you, that’s how you know you are a writer.

Until next time, God Bless.
- MissNiChloe

No comments :

Post a Comment