Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Get to know me

 

Okay, so I saw this picture that a friend of mine posted. It was a “get to know me” type of thing where it had about 30 questions. You post the image in a tweet and people would post the number of the question they want answered. The person who posted the image would answer. Since that is not accessible to the visually impaired and I'm not very good at keeping answers brief, I thought I would type the whole thing out here and answer them, and you would get to know me as well.


Let's get started:


1) Explain your Twitter handle.


My Twitter handle is @MissWatchtower. I used to be obsessed with Smallville, a show about a young Clark Kent. He had a best friend named Chloe Sullivan. Chloe was, and still is, my favorite character. As the seasons went on, Chloe became a character named Watchtower. I named my Twitter Handle after my favorite character.


2) Who inspires you and why?


Well, if we're talking fictional people, that would be Chloe Sullivan, from Smallville. She was the first person I looked up to because I did not have very many good role models growing up and a fictional character was who I could relate to the most.


If we're talking real people, it'd be my online sister, Alysia. She brought me under her wing twice. The first time was when I first started in my first community, which was the Smallville community. The second one was the community I'm in now, the Orville community. She also encourages me, and I do the same. We've got each other's backs.


3) Do you care what others think of you?


Yes and no. Yes, in the sense that I am very insecure sometimes. When I am insecure, I feel like people judge me more, even if it's not true. No, in the sense that when I am having one of my good days and I am confident, then nothing people say will bring me down, but I usually don't meet very many people who are just mean. Once in a while I do, but not usually.


4) What are you most looking forward to?


Right now? Season 3 of the Orville. Simple as that. If you haven't seen it yet, you still have plenty of time to see both seasons on Hulu before it comes out.


5) What is one life rule you follow?


Hmm... That's a tough one. I guess it's treat others as you would want to be treated, but stand up for yourself when you are treated wrongly.


6) What's your dream job?


It used to be counseling, but now, I don't know. Freelance writer maybe?


7) Which fictional character do you wish you could meet?


Chloe Sullivan. Simple as that.


8) As a child, what did you want to be when you grow up?


A teacher and a writer.


9) If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?


Does Supergirl count? Because she is sometimes animated.


10) What skill would you like to master?


American Sign Language, although it's more like learning a language, not a skill. Or I would like to learn how to do some sort of craft, not sure what though.


11) In what situation would you feel most out of place in?



Any place with a really big gathering, and not just because of Covid. It's because I have really bad anxiety. There was even one story from my time in college, I accidently went way out of my limit and had and anxiety attack. Let's just say I was somewhere where I didn't know if I could get home safely.


12) What artist do you really like, but rarely admit to liking?


I don't just like, I love Hilary Duff. She got me through some really tough times. I only rarely admit to liking her because she is less popular now and the topic just rarely pops up.


13) What gets you fired up?


Writing in this blog, knowing I'm making a difference if I'm speaking up about disability issues, or just writing in here for fun because I love writing.


14) What annoys you the most about the fandoms you're part of?


I'm too new to my second fandom to comment on that, but my first one, well at first, they seemed to support me then all of a sudden, they forget me. That's what annoys me the most. They 'forgot' me in my time of need.


15) What do you do to get rid of stress?


I'm still working on this, to be honest. My technique, currently, is to distract myself, by watching TV or writing, or doing something else.


16) You have to relive one day of your life forever. Which day do you choose?


Umm... none? Let's revisit this question in the future, okay?


17) How quickly do you jump to conclusions about people?


It depends on the person, I guess. Some people are mysterious, some are more like an open book.


18) If you were a doll, what accessories would you be sold with?


A laptop, a tablet, a phone, a cup of coffee, there would even be a disability aid, which would be a hearing aid.


19) What have you done in life that has given you the most satisfaction?


Let's see... I'd say it was the time I fought to stay for my last semester of college to get my Associate's Degree in Psychology. The experience taught me how to fight and not give up.


20) What would be the worst thing to put in a pinata?


I know Pinata is not spelled correctly, techincally, it needs that symbol. I do not know how to do it, I have tried. Anyways, I don't know... razors?


21) What's the biggest waste of money you've seen?


As of right now, this new show called “The Advocate”... The money used in this show could have gone straight to the charity instead of to this show.


22) What common misconception do you hate to hear repeated as a fact?


Anything about disability that the ableists get wrong.


23) Where is the best place to meet awesome people?


I don't know. In my experience, online. But you do have to be careful online too. I feel like I have to say that, but it is possible to meet wonderful people online.


24) What food do you crave most?


Pasta or cheeseburger. I can never get tired of those two foods.


25) What TV series do you keep coming back and re-watching?


Smallville, the show I grew up watching and The Orville, a new favorite show.


26) Among your friends, what are you best known for?


I guess being the logical one, sometimes the advice giver.


27) Who of your friends is most like you?


Alysia, my online sister, better known as AVP60685.


28) What was the most traumatizing moment in your life?


I have an answer, I just can't answer it online.


29) What's the best lesson you've learned from a work of fiction?


That's a tough one, because I've learned lots of lessons from works of fiction. I don't think I can choose just one.


30) What's something you'll never do again?


I have an answer, I just can't answer it online.



Well, those are all the questions. There are a few that are really hard to answer and I tried to answer, but I just couldn't. I think asking number 28 is out of line to be honest. If anyone is dealing with trauma, they shouldn't be pushed to answer from a question out of a lineup like this..


- Sincerely, Chloe

No comments :

Post a Comment