Friday, September 10, 2021

An Updated About Me

 

Hi, I'm Chloe. I'm 30 years old. Before I go into what this blog will be about, I want to tell you a little about what I am like now. I am a disabled nerdy geek. That's what I call myself now and it's not a bad thing. I still love reading and writing and I still love videogames. I also love sci-fi and superheroes.


I have a psychology background, kinda. I'm not a certified counselor, but I've been to college to study psychology and I have an Associate's Degree in Psychology. I still have a few of my textbooks. I took my studies seriously and I really wanted to be a counselor at one point.


Now, I am revamping the content of this blog, in a way. I will still be posting what I want. I still have a few posts I wrote last year, before I went on my unplanned hiatus, that I plan to post. I will still be posting some news that I see when I see it come across my Twitter timeline if I am able. But for the most part, I will be trying something different.


I will be talking about different shows that I like, at the moment, it may be mostly about the Orville. I might sprinkle in some other shows, but I'll explain as I go. What I will do is I will take different aspects of the show and talk about them with a different, psychological perspective. Let me explain:


Let's take the show, Supergirl:


(Warning there are spoilers after this!)


Okay, so Supergirl just came back from the phantom zone. She's been having nightmares/flashbacks of the phantoms. It was a traumatic thing for her. Even Supergirl needs a support system, right? And she's got it.


This is a good storyline, because it makes our favorite heroes even more relatable. What's important is that the writers are showing Kara having a good support system in her sister and her friends.


(End of Spoilers)


This is not a full review, just a very rough first draft. My final drafts would be much better than this and much more involved. There will be spoiler tags and trigger warnings if needed.


Feel free to check out my older posts as well.


Feel free to check out my Twitter: @MissWatchtower


Also... I think that's about it, until next time...


- Chloe

No comments :

Post a Comment