Tuesday, February 5, 2013

American Girl Dolls embrace disabilities and differences



We all know about the American Girl franchise, right, the dolls, the books, etc.? I grew up on those. I collected the books. I think I still have at least some of them. I even had a bitty baby (pictured below).





Recently, I’ve learned some news about the American Girl franchise. They are putting the spotlight on disabilities and differences. This makes me very happy.




In a way, I guess I’m still a child at heart, how else can you explain that I’m 22 years old and I still want a doll? But I am very excited about the news. For me, I think that one of the best presents I could ever receive in the future would be an American Girl Doll, blonde hair, blue eyes, and wears a hearing aid:





Why a hearing aid? Because I am hearing impaired and I have been since birth. And like the American Girl Dolls, I like to embrace my disabilities because it is a part of who I am.



Until next time, God Bless.
- Chloe

1 comment :

  1. I am glad that you shared this, I know that I don't have disabilties but I deeply love and respect everyone regardless of their differences! I know this was a great company and they had a variety of books and other great things for girls. I felt so sad when I outgrew the magazines but I was truly grateful for some of the articles because it helped brighten up my days.

    Maybe someday you and I both can save up enough money to get one of these beloved dolls.

    Love your big sister online and special friend
    Alysia

    ReplyDelete