Friday, March 1, 2013

Disability Day of Mourning




Today, March 1, 2013, is a day of mourning for people with disabilities who have lost their lives at the hands of their family members or guardians. You may remember me posting about this last year. I’m still saddened that this type of tragedy happens. There are no words for this, but we need to all speak up about this. We need to stop this, but also remember the lives that are already lost. Did you know, when a person with a disability loses their lives at the hand of a family member, it’s the family member that gets the sympathy? Want to know my opinion about this? I am disgusted by those family members who would choose to do this sort of thing. In my eyes, that means they just gave up on the person! They give up! It’s like their lives had no value! Here’s the thing, they do have value. Every single person’s life here has value. Every single person on this Earth has potential. They do have dreams. We, as people with disabilities, have rights, and we will stand up for those rights! We, as people with disabilities, will want justice for those who have lost their lives, especially in the hands of the people that they trusted!

Like last year, I plan to join the virtual vigil. Of course, there are several vigils around. Here is the link to a list of vigils:


If you would like to join me at the virtual vigil, here is a link:


I plan to be there at around 6pm or 7pm EST. I hope that you guys will join me, not to support me, but to remember the lives that have been lost.

Until next time, God Bless.
- Chloe

No comments :

Post a Comment