Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11





I had another post planned for today, but after realizing what day it was, I felt this was more appropriate. It’s been 11 years. I still remember the day, 11 years ago. I don’t think any of us will ever forget.

Like I said, I remember exactly what happened on that day. I was in school, struggling as usual to hear and understand the teacher. Then, we overhear an announcement saying that the school was on lockdown and for the teachers to turn on the television. I think my classroom was the only one who did not do as told, and I think it had something to do with the fact that my teacher knew there was someone with major anxiety issues in the classroom. It happened to be me, but my anxiety is only heightened when I don’t know what is going on at the moment, so by trying to protect me, they scared the ever living crap out of me. So, even when the school lifted the lockdown, I was afraid to do anything because I didn’t know what went on. So, when I saw kids crying, it made me even more scared. I was just glad that a friend of mine explained things a little, told me not to worry, and to just ask my parents for details. After school, I was picked up by dad. I immediately asked what happened. Dad explained in detail what had happened. I was saddened. They even let me stay up just that once to watch the late news that night. It was that day that I learned how evil the world was. Over the years, I've heard details about people’s experiences that day, and I don’t think any of us will ever forget. Today, I bowed my head in silence for victims that have lost their lives on that day.




I know this post is short, but I don't think there are any words to say. I want to ask this, where were you 11 years ago, when this happened?

Until next time, God Bless. God Bless America.
- MissNiChloe

2 comments :

  1. I remember being at home when I seen it on the news. There are some images I remember seeing that I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know exactly what happened. I knew planes had flown into both towers and that it was no accident. But the same thing happened to the Empire State Building many years earlier and it's still there. There was no way those towers would have fallen.But then the Pentagon was hit and the Capitol was supposedly evacuated. or was it the White House? It was a scary day and I didn't want to hear any more. I actually believed something would happen where I live.

    ReplyDelete