Friday, August 31, 2012

Happiness is a choice


A friend of mine said that the other day, and you know what? It’s true! It’s one of the hardest lessons to learn, I’m still trying to learn that myself. I wanted to apologize for not blogging as much this month. I haven’t abandoned this blog; I’ve just been going through a period of depression.

Depression hurts. You know the feeling where it takes all of your energy just to get out of bed and get through the day? You feel like you’re stuck with no way out. If you really truly are stuck, think of the positives in your life. No matter how bad life may seem, there’s always something positive to focus on. Bear with me here. I’m trying to learn this myself. Here are a few things that I find positive in this negative experience.

1.  I have aches and pains sometimes, mostly back pains and headaches, but overall, I do have my health; my body still functions like there’s nothing wrong.

2. I may be poor, but at least I have shelter and I never go hungry. I am comfortable most of the time.

3. My family may be very dysfunctional, they may be wrong, I may be wrong, we may have fights, but at least I know I’m loved.

4. I may not have very many friends and I don't get out of the house much, but at least I have a second family at The Evicted, the forum I usually spend time at, therefore, I'm never lonely and at least I'm able to spend time with my second family.


Things will get better, they did before and they will again. Let's focus on the positives and I will be sure to start blogging more often again. Oh, and I did set up an About Me page not too long ago. I have put the link to my Facebook page and my Twitter on that page, so be sure to check them out. I will start keeping up my Facebook page more often as well. You can contact me via Facebook or Twitter.

Until next time, God Bless.
- MissNiChloe

3 comments :

  1. Stay encouraged Chloe and thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY true. One thing that I've found important is that you still have to be aware of things that you don't like about in your life in order to change those things (and "aware of" doesn't mean "obsessed with"). An expression I keep hearing goes "You train people how to treat you." If you accept others' bad behavior towards you as if it is alright for them to treat you that way, then they take it as permission to keep acting that way. You have to find ways to let people know that you are happy because you choose to be and despite how they treat you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had depression a couple of years or so ago. But past month has been hard work wise, which has got me down. I am feeling drained even though I only just had a holiday last week!

    I am getting the Union rep involved with regards to work, so they will have to change as they breached the equality act 2012. Its took the pressure off knowing someone will help.

    In meantime I am looking forward to tomorrow when I see Starlight Express 2010.

    I look forward to reading your future posts. Take care and hugs from me all the way from the UK.

    ReplyDelete