Monday, August 10, 2020

Netflix is adding two documentaries about deaf communities


 Yeah, you read that right, and I, for one, am so happy about that. It's about deaf communities in America. The documentaries are gonna be called Deaf U and Audible.


Deaf U is about a group of students at Galludet University in Washington DC. Galludet is a well known private college for people who are deaf and hard of hearing. The show follows the students' lives as they navigate college life while giving us a good look at what the deaf community is like. This documentary will be on Netflix October 8th or 9th, 2020. That information was conflicting, the article said the 8th while the video description (if you click the video title) says the 9th.


Audible is about a high-school athlete, Amaree McKenstry-Hall, who went to the Maryland School for the Deaf high school. This show follows him and his friends as he goes through his senior year while grappling with going into the hearing world. The article did not say when this documentary was coming out, unless I missed it.


Of course, I have included the article I found this information in. It is linked below. I am excited for Deaf U. I am hard of hearing, but I have never known the deaf community. I am just learning about it now. Well, I first learned about it a few years ago. I want to learn more. I'm also glad that the deaf are getting more representation in media, proper representation.


Well, I'm gonna leave this here...


Until next time, God Bless


- Chloe



Source:


https://deadline.com/2020/07/netflix-two-documentaries-about-deaf-community-america-1202994593/

No comments :

Post a Comment