Monday, April 2, 2012

Autism Awareness Day 2012

Today, April 2nd, is Autism Awareness Day! So, every year, on this day, people are invited to wear a blue shirt, as that is the color for Autism. I did not know this when I woke up and I still put on a blue shirt this morning. You learn something new everyday.

I know a few people with Autism. Sometimes, they can open your eyes and make you see something you had never noticed before. I have a guy friend from high school. We are very good friends and he has Asperger's syndrome. He is also the most positive guy I had ever met. We actually helped each other in high school. Let's just say I used to be very negative in high school. We talk, and he would point out certain things that I've said and he helped me look on the more positive side. I don't know whether he realized that or not, but sometimes, God puts the right people in our lives at the right time, whether we know it or not at the time. Yes, sometimes I still feel down or negative, but now I know to always look for the silver lining.

There is a website called The Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN) that speaks about Autism. It has news and blogs and more! Here is the link:

http://autisticadvocacy.org/



Until next time, God Bless!
~ MissNiChloe

No comments :

Post a Comment