Saturday, May 28, 2022

Uh, Hi again. Let's talk.

 

This year has not been the best year so far for me. Regardless, so far, I managed to publish a post in January and March. I really do want to do more. I’ve essentially been mostly bedridden with chronic migraine pain though for the past two years. I’m working on trying to figure out ways to manage it, but in my case it is way more complicated than just simple chronic migraines.


I’d rather not get into that though, just know I am trying. I am still passionate about writing. I still have plans for this blog. I still have a long list of ideas for this blog as well, and a backlog of posts I haven’t yet published because I’ve been in too much pain to be at my computer. Today, as I’m typing this, is one of those rare good days. So, today, I’m typing up a Q&A type post full of questions I found that I thought would be fun to answer. I found them all in various places.


So, I hope you enjoy this random post:



1) What’s your favorite color?


I am partial to pink and light blue, that might’ve been because that was the theme of my bedroom, but I absolutely love those two colors. Also, my birthstone color is turquoise and I happen to like that color as well. So, pink and blue.



2) What’s your favorite artist/song?


My favorite artist is Hilary Duff, no hesitation there. Her songs have helped me through so much. Favorite song though? Yeah, that one is tougher to answer. I don’t even know if I have a favorite Hilary Duff song. I will admit there are some songs from her I like more than others, but a favorite? I honestly don’t know.



3) What do you fear the most?


Good question. I used to think it was heights, but it’s not, and I’m honestly very terrified of heights, have been my whole life. Recently though, I’ve realized my true worst fear, and that’s being truly alone. I’m working through that, I’m not about to talk about that online though.



4) What are your weaknesses?


Kryptonite, that’s my only weakness. Lol, no, but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t sneak in a Superman reference when I get the chance, but this is not as random as you think when you think about the fact that in college, my Sorority nickname was Supergirl. So, I have two true weaknesses. One is math, probably due to my disabilities. The other is anger. The anger is my true Kryptonite. Well, I guess, when you think about it, they both are? Math is the green K and the anger is the red K. I have been working on the anger over the years and it has gotten a lot better, but there are still things I need to work on and I am working on them.



5) What are your strengths?


My strengths? Well, one of them is stubbornness. I suppose the nice way of putting it is determination, but I don’t mind calling it stubbornness. Being stubborn runs in the family. There was one time where I used my stubbornness to my advantage in a major way. I was supposed to go home a semester early when I had one more semester before I finished two years. I wanted to at least compromise and graduate with a two year degree. Mom at first said no, I’m not sure if she had no idea how it was possible, but I wasn’t about to give up that easily, so I fought. I fought so hard, the president of the college pulled a few strings. It still meant that I had to do 6 classes instead of 5 and spend the rest of that time in work study, but I took it! And I freaking graduated! It’s also my proudest moment, right there!



6) What do you look forward to the most?


Hmm, the little things. I tend to live life day by day, so I just look forward to the little things. I have current little things that I look forward to based on what is happening at the moment, like for instance, during high school, I always looked forward to watching Smallville every week. Now, during the present, I do have a few little things I look forward to. I am currently looking forward to season 3 of The Orville. I am always looking forward to the next episode of Superman & Lois. I am also always looking forward to seeing Alysia’s livestreams on her youtube channel, they’re always fun!


BTW, this is her youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/avp60685



7) What do you consider to be your skills?


Hmm, well, one of them is definitely writing. Writing has been my passion for as long as I can remember. I’ve always had a way with words. I’ve written stories for as long as I can remember too. Remember when I said my greatest fear is being truly alone? I figured it out through writing, apparently. My mom reminded me of this, but apparently, when I was younger, most of my stories had me having a big family and lots of friends. I did get better at writing over the years though.


I will say this, I used to do the roleplays on a couple forums with a friend. They were based on a show we both used to watch. Once again, I will say, I got better at writing and… yeah. BUT, the character I wanted to roleplay was taken, the second choice was too. So, I made my own character. The sad irony is, I played The Sims all the time, part of that was character creation, lol. Let’s just say, it was very cringy, and the character I made would have made way more sense in another show which, another irony, I didn’t watch yet until years later. I am much better at creating characters for stories now, I promise, and The Sims is a part of helping me with that.



So, yeah, that’s a bit more about me. Like I said above, I have a long list of blogpost ideas and a backlog of posts that I haven’t been able to publish yet. So, I have plans. This blog gives me a purpose and I’m not giving up on that purpose. Like I also said in this post, I am stubborn! Hopefully, I’ll be able to post more soon. Just please, be patient and understanding with me? Anyways, I hope it was fun to learn a bit more about me.


Until next time…


~ Chloe

No comments :

Post a Comment